Looking for a great Real Estate Agent with experience, strong negotiation skills and excellent listening skills is important when buying or selling your home. We have prepared a quick checklist to help you select a great agent who will represent you and listen to your needs.
- Choose a realtor who is an expert in the area you are searching or selling, they will have more valuable information regarding the neighborhood.
- Get recommendations from family, friends, neighbors or coworkers of reliable agents with great track records.
- It is very important to work with a realtor who is honest and ethical.
- Interview your potential real estate agent and don’t be afraid to ask questions regarding their experience and how they will help you as your realtor.
- Your realtor must be friendly and make you feel comfortable. Do not allow an agent to pressure or convince you to buy or sell for their benefit.
- Make sure your real estate agent works full time – you need someone who is always available, focused on providing you the best service, and someone with current and accurate real estate market information to help you make the right decisions.
- Remember you get the level of service you pay for. Don’t choose a realtor just because he or she will give you a huge rebate on their commission. Choose a realtor who provides quality service and devotes more time to his or her clients. Top realtors also spend more money on marketing to help client sell their properties.
- Choose agents who belong to large and well established brokerages, this ensures they are full time and have longer office hours with more efficient office administrators to help the process transactions faster. In addition, large brokerages offer ongoing training to help realtors increase their skills and experience.
- Choose a realtor who will take the time to listen and understand your needs and someone who will give you sincere and professional advice.
- Always ensure your agent helps you search for homes that best fit your criteria. Never choose an agent who pressures you to make a quick deal.
- They must always explain very clearly all the steps and process for buying or selling your home and be a good negotiator who puts your interests first at all times.
- They should help you solve problems and coordinate other professional services so you can achieve your real estate goals.
Eric’s number one priority has always been customer satisfaction. His team always put their clients’ interest and needs first. Get in touch with Eric today to learn more about his services and approach.